- S. M. Kirov Military Medical Academy, St. Petersburg, Russia
Heart wounds are fairly rare, out of all chest penetrating wounds they make 5-7%. The main causes of lethal outcomes in cardiac incision wounds are massive blood loss, a combination of acute massive blood loss and cardiac tamponade, and isolated cardiac tamponade. The juries of coronary arteries and intracardiac structures also provide an impact on the mortality level. The clinical observation described in the article demonstrates the opportunity to provide a favorable outcome of the trauma disease in the patients with severe concomitant incision wounds of head, neck, chest, abdomen, and acute massive blood loss when providing adequate intensive care and surgical treatment.
Key Words: acute massive blood loss, cardiac wounds, intensive care
- 1.Volkov V.E., Volkov S.V. Cardiac injury: state of the problem and perspectives. Acta medica Eurasica, 2017, no. 1, pp. 17-21. (In Russ.)
- 2.Laletin D.A. Otsenka i korrektsiya sistolicheskoy funktsii pravogo zheludochka v rannem posleoperatsionnom periode koronarnogo shuntirovaniya v usloviyakh iskusstvennogo krovoobrascheniya Diss. kand. med. nauk. [Assessment and management of systolic dysfunction of right ventricle during coronary artery bypass graft with cardio-pulmonary bypass. Avtoref. Diss. Cand. Diss.]. 14.01.20. St. Petersburg, 2017, 23 p.
- 3.Topolnitskiy E.B. Outcomes and main principles of surgical treatment of cardiac injuries. Vestnik Khirurgii im. I. I. Grekova, 2010, no. 2, pp. 85-89. (In Russ.)
- 4.Combat anesthesia: the first 24 hours. Senior edit. Buckenmaier Ch., Mahoney P. Sam Houston, The Surgeon General Borden Institute, 2015. 240 p.